Yum - linocut carrots! This design holds the seal of approval from my guinea pig, Betty, who is a huge fan of all kinds of carrots (though she tends to prefer edible versions). It would make a special gift for a gardener or veggie lover! Every print has its own beautiful unique pattern due to the impression of the black ink on the natural fiber of the paper. No two prints are exactly alike.
> 8"x10" unbleached kozo and bamboo printmaking paper (image size 5" x 7")
> Safe, non-toxic, vegetable oil-based inks
> Initialed and dated
> Unframed and unmounted, but very easy to frame in a standard frame size 8" x 10"
> I mix my own inks and print in batches, so colors will vary slightly
> Environmentally friendly, sustainable art
> Each print is lovingly hand-printed by me in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1-2 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 5 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy/Patttern websites to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of gift message, for example).
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction (if you are located in the EU). If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Rebecca Hawketts, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Rebecca Hawketts, PO Box 9252, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, USA
I usually ship with the US Postal Service. Single cards ship standard First Class without tracking info (but you can upgrade to add tracking if desired). Multiple cards/larger prints are upgraded to First Class Package Service which comes with tracking information. An upgrade to Priority Mail (with tracking) is also available at checkout for all US orders.
I carefully package all prints and cards to try and best prevent any damage in transit. I use almost entirely recycled & recyclable materials as packaging, and try to avoid the use of plastics or bubble wrap. A typical order will arrive in a recycled cardboard mailer, with some recycled tissue paper for padding. I also use compostable plant-based protective sleeves when needed.
Orders are typically dropped off at my local post office within 1 or 2 business day (including Saturday).
For larger orders I can confirm ship dates before you place your order. Just send me a message or email.
Yes! Please send me a message on Etsy or send an email to email@example.com and I can send you wholesale information and/or samples as required.
All my cards and prints are handmade using a technique called block printing. I use different types of linoleum blocks (or "plates") into which I carve my designs, so the prints resulting from this method are usually called linocuts, lino prints, or linoleum prints. I use special sharp carving tools to cut my design out of the lino block, and then using rollers (or "brayers"), I roll printing ink onto the surface of the block.
I then transfer the inked design onto paper or card using either my small etching press (the paper and block are pressed between a metal roller and a metal plate) or with my pull-down press which requires a good amount of strength to use.
Some designs require the use of multiple linoleum blocks and ink colors.